If pests are invading your home, time is of the essence. You have to choose a pest control company to address the situation promptly, yet you don’t want to rush the process too much because you want to find a reputable provider who will have your best interests in mind. Here are some tips on how to choose the best pest control company in Nashville TN.
Do the Research
You understandably want immediate action the minute you discover a pest infestation. However, most problems can wait a couple days while you do your homework and figure out which company would be the best to do business with. This is the time to do your research, ask about experience, gather a few free quotes and then choose the one that seems the most reputable, experienced and reasonably priced.
Ask plenty of questions as you call around or meet with potential pest control providers.
Q: How many years have you been in business at that location?
A: You want someone with many years of experience eradicating pests in the Nashville area. These local providers have an intimate knowledge of the bugs and critters that plague the area and can suggest the most focused treatment possible – because they have seen it all many times before. Read reviews, look them up on the BBB and ask friends and family about their experiences.
Q: Can I get some references?
A: Most pest control providers will be happy to provide you with a list of past customers who can speak to their level of service, prices and success rates. If they resist, move on to the next company. Contact the references and ask if they were satisfied with the service and if they would choose that company again.
Q: Are technicians licensed and certified?
A: Find out about the qualifications of the technicians working for the company. Are they licensed? Do they have extensive certifications? Are they trained regularly in the latest techniques, products and applications?
Be on the Alert
Most pest control companies in Nashville are reputable, but there are always a few that try to take unsuspecting home and business owners for a ride. Don’t be a victim. Keep these things in mind. Stay away from companies that:
- Offer pest control within a package deal, such as tree trimming, landscaping, or general home repair.
- Offer a crazy low price if the service is done on the spot.
- Ask for cash up front.
- Don’t have a telephone number that’s listed or working.
- Don’t show their IDs or that sell services door-to-door. Unfortunately, scams against the elderly and infirm are more common than you think!
- Arrive at your door unexpectedly and claim there’s a neighborhood pest problem by showing you insects, etc. as evidence they have collected.
- Pressure you into signing a contract on the spot, saying your home is structurally unsound and could collapse without the proper treatment.
- Claim that they have a secret formula for eradicating pests. Keep in mind, all pesticide products have to be registered by the EPA and the State Departments of Agriculture, and all registered pesticide labels must display a list of active ingredients.
In addition to doing your homework on any given pest control company, you want to make sure you have a good rapport with the technicians and feel comfortable having them on your property. Trust is a big element of any business relationship, and you want to feel good about the choice you’re making.
Contact PureGuard Pest Control
If you suspect you have a pest infestation in Nashville TN, don’t hesitate to call the experienced, trained, certified and friendly exterminators at PureGuard. Get a free quote and ask us all the questions you want when you contact us at 615-502-2855.